Sunday, December 13, 2015

MORE DIY Holiday Room Decor!

We are officially less than two weeks from Christmas! Although, I've realized as I've gotten older than I enjoyed the time leading up to Christmas a lot more than the actual day. The actual day is great, too, but the holiday season is really so magical and special, then we have to wait a whole year for it to come again. So what do I do about this dilemma? I make myself feel better by crafting. So here are 3 more crafts to help get you through until the end!

Countdown Blocks
What you'll need:
-2 Cube Blocks -A slab of wood the two blocks will fit on -White Paint -Holiday Paper -Mod Podge -A Sponge brush -Scissors -OPTIONAL Letter and number stickers (if you have awful handwriting like me
Directions:
1. Start off painting all your blocks white, and the slab of wood. Or whatever color you'd like. you don't have to this, but I did because I wasn't going to be cutting the paper to completely cover the block.
2. Cut out squares from your paper. I made a few millimeters too small so I could have a boarder.
3. Decide how you want the design on there (I used 5 different prints of paper and didn't want some next to each other), and mod podge the paper on.
4. So I used stickers for this part, but you don't have to. I put "days left" on the slab of wood. I wanted to put "days until santa" but it didn't fit. 
5. Next, you will need the numbers 0,1,1,2,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. 0,1,2,7,8,9 will go on one block and 1,2,3,4,5,6 will go on the other. Unfortunately I couldn't find ANY number stickers so I had to use raise paper cardboard hybrid. material, but it still works.
Now you can count down how many days until Santa comes!

Ornament Garland
What you'll need:
-Tinsel -Ornaments
Directions:
All you have to do is put the ornaments on the tinsel in whatever pattern you;d like. That's it! So simple, yes so festive.
Bonus: I also did this with mini stockings and twine. SO CUTE!

JOLLY Letters
What you'll need:
-Letters (wood or paper mache, preferablly ones that can stand on their own) -Mod Podge -Paint -Sponge Brush -Glitter 
Directions:
FIRST OFF, GET LETTERS THAT STAND ON THEIR OWN. Being the impatient I am I got letters that are extremely thin and won't stand without support, and so there's not much I can do with them.
1. Paint the outline of the letters whatever color you'll be using for glitter.
2. Put a thick coat of mod podge all over the letter and them pour your glitter on.
3. Once it dries, put on another coat of mod podge to seal in the glitter.
By far this is my FAVORITE thing. I wish I had been patient and gotten letters that can stand on their own, but next year I'll probably add some red ribbon to the back and hang them on the wall. Problem solved!



No comments:

Post a Comment