Friday, December 4, 2015

Fun Things to do in December

I will openly admit that I am someone that starts to celebrate Christmas as soon as Halloween is over. Sure, I love thanksgiving, but to me 25 days is really not enough time to enjoy the season and do all the fun things there are to do. We are only December 4th and I'm already upset I won't have enough time to do all the fun things there are to do.
But, if you're not like me and don't want to cram all of this in, my hat is off to you. You are someone who probably has their life figured out.
If you are like me though, I have complied a list of things for you to do when you're bored with December!
  1. Look at lights. You can usually find a street with pretty lights, or even  go to the zoo! More than likely they will have lights. And animals, It's really a win/win.
  2. Bake treats. I know some families have traditions of baking and decorating cookies, and that's always fun. If you don't, though, who cares?! I will be showing you this month some easy and delectable treats for you to make!
  3. Watch holiday movies. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story really put me back to the holidays as a kid. So cuddle up with some cocoa and enjoy your favorite movies or TV Specials!
  4. Sit by a fire and listen to music. If you don't have a fireplace, just get a candle! Again, I'll be posting a list of timeless Christmas songs this month!
  5. Do volunteer work. There is no better feeling than helping people, no matter in what way, and although volunteer is fun and heartwarming all year round, the holiday season is really a time about giving back! I have a whole list of ideas coming!
  6. Spend time with friends and family. If you're in college, you'll be leaving most of your friends for probably 3 weeks. On your downtime, spend some time with them! Play games, go to bars, whatever you like to do, because you'll miss them come December 26th. It's also an important time to be with family. Even if it's just one person that isn't your blood family, it's that time of year to really cherish every minute together!
  7. Focus on hobbies. Finals are over, so it's time to sit back and relax. Do whatever it is you like to do best. For me, I'll be crafting, duh.
  8.  Play in snow. Well, that is if you have snow around you. Build a snowman, an igloo, have a snowball fight, then regret it when you come inside cold and with snow down your britches.
  9. Visit a museum. If you hate the cold, just stay inside and appreciate the finer things in museums. 
  10. Binge watch your favorite show. You know I'll have Criminal Minds and Law and Order SVU on repeat for the upcoming months.
  11. Start a new show and binge watch it. I personally have a list of shows in Netflix and Hulu that I have really been wanting to watch, and now is the time people! Get yourself sucked into a new world with new people this holiday.
  12. Go ice skating. I know at my school, we have an ice arena for our hockey team that offers public skate for a low fee. If you don't have a hockey arena around you, just google ice skating and you'll find somewhere near you that offers it!
  13. Go to a Holiday market or Christmas tree lighting. If you don't have a market around, check out some outside malls. Those places really look beautiful for the holidays and all thel ights and decor will put you in the holiday mood!
  14. Build a gingerbread house. I've actually never done this, but I have mine bought for this year and am so excited to try it out! Expectations are tumblr or pinterest, but to be honest it'll probably come out looking like a mess. But the product isn't the important part, it's having fun and letting your creativity run wild!
  15. DO IT ALL IN ONE DAY! Eric and I are planning on a "holiday day" before break, going to the zoo to see the lights, watching Christmas movies, baking cookies, making a gingerbread house, anything and everything we can do. So grab your lover, grab your bestie, your mom, your dad, your sister, or all of the above, and dedicate a day to carefree holiday fun!
There's so much to do this month that you should never be bored. Go have fun and enjoy the time while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment